• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can hiring a lawyer right after being investigated make things better than hiring a l

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i4cc

What is the name of your state? CA

Can hiring a lawyer right after being investigated make things better than hiring a lawyer when charged ?

Although my trouble is a not big issue as I think , but I don't want trouble .
The laywer told me that he can talk to plice and maybe he can do something to persuade plice not charging me . Is this ture ?

Can lawyer really influence police's decision ?

Thanks

CdwJava

i4cc said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Can hiring a lawyer right after being investigated make things better than hiring a lawyer when charged ?

Although my trouble is a not big issue as I think , but I don't want trouble .
The laywer told me that he can talk to plice and maybe he can do something to persuade plice not charging me . Is this ture ?

Can lawyer really influence police's decision ?

Thanks
Generally the lawyers do not talk to the police, they talk to the DA. It is the DA that makes the charging decision, not the police.

Sometimes an attorney can say or present something to effect the police investigation or opinion, but this is not common.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">