• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I answer warrant without jail time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FLdriver

What is the name of your state? Florida

As I stated I live in Florida, currently residing in Gainesville. Last weekend I ran off the road on my motorcycle, I laid down the bike in a ditch and broke my lower leg. I work as a paramedic so called my buddies to come get me, my supervisor called the HP for accident report. While at the hospital getting x-rayed the HP officer gave me a ticket for reckless driving, thanks for adding insult to injury! Ontop of this she states there is a warrant out for my arrest for "failure to appear" in Bradford Co. traffic court. She opted not to arrest me on the spot but told me to "turn myself in". I investigated the warrant and turns out I was pulled over for speeding in 1996 and also had the wrong tag on my car. I went to traffic court and got adjudication withheld on the one offence but apparently overlooked the "wrong tag" offence that still lingers, ten years later this is the first I have heard of it!

My question is can I just go to Bradford Co. and pay the $120 court cost and be done or are they going to slap cuffs on me untill a new court hearing will be assigned?

Two Bit

Call the court and find out if you they'll recall the warrant if you pay the fine. A lot of times they will for little stuff like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">