• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I appeal Judge's decision?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

logan08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga. I had a battery case against someone and applied for a warrant. After I applied for one, the other party applied for one against me. When we went to court, the Judge said that since we both had applied for warrants that he was dismissing both. He never asked to see any of my evidence. Medical bills, witness statements, etc. Can I appeal his decision not to issue a warrant?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga. I had a battery case against someone and applied for a warrant. After I applied for one, the other party applied for one against me. When we went to court, the Judge said that since we both had applied for warrants that he was dismissing both. He never asked to see any of my evidence. Medical bills, witness statements, etc. Can I appeal his decision not to issue a warrant?
Police request warrants. DA's request warrants. Joe/Jane Public can not. Please clarify what you actually did.

Thanks.

FlyingRon

Police request warrants. DA's request warrants. Joe/Jane Public can not. Please clarify what you actually did.

Thanks.
It's a "Citizen's Complaint" and as found out, there's no obligation that they be acted upon and you have no recourse to force a judge or the state to act on them. If there is civil damages, you can sue them in the appropriate civil venue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">