• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be arrested for...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IAmGrateful

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

The guy next door sent me a bill for a bunch of his stuff that I threw away because he didn't get it off of the property after I told him I was going to buy from him. So I thought to myself if he wants to play hard ball I'll show him how I play! So I started looking for a reason to have him arrested. It wasn't long before I saw him take something from the property next to the property I bought from him. But it was close enough to my property line that I could say I thought it was mine. So I went to the sheriff's office and filed a complaint saying he stole something off of my property. The lady at the sheriff's office said if he came on my property to steal it I could also charge him with trespassing and if I had told him before not to come on my property, it would be CRIMINAL trespass. So I charged him with that too and got him arrested.
After he got out of jail, he told me he is going to have me arrested for filing a false report and wrongful arrest because I knew what he took belonged to him and he said I also knew it wasn't on my property. It's obvious I knew it wasn't on my property, but can he actually have me arrested? I don't think so.
What about his equipment and stuff that I threw away? That was way back in May! And eventho I didn't pay the bill he sent me for it, he can't have me arrested for that, can he? He can't do nothing about that but sue me, right? If he don't have the money to hire a lawyer, do I have anything to be worryed about?
Eventho he won't be convicted of the charges I filed, will there still be a record of him being arrested for Theft and Criminal Trespass? If so, if he gets the money to take me to court, and I tell the judge that he's a criminal with a arrest record will the judge tend to lean in my favor?

So is there anything he can have me arrested for?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes, you can be arrested for theft of his property. And filing a false report.

You shouldn't be so smug about not being prosecuted. Seems like a real possibility to me.

dave33

How do you know he will not be convicted? Find another method to solve your differences, do you really need the state in every aspect of your life and any trivial situation you may encounter?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
On which thread are you lying? This one?

Or this one?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/knowingly-had-me-falsely-arrested-495944.html

IAmGrateful

Charlotte wrote: "On which thread are you lying? This one?
Or this one?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/knowingly-had-me-falsely-arrested-495944.html

This one, and you're very observant Charlotte! I won't attempt to justify this second post from the other side's point of view. But please allow me to say
after FIVE DAYS,(With the clock ticking) FORTY FIVE VIEWS and ZERO REPLIES on my other post, I began wondering what I could do to get some kind of reply from SOME body!

Past experience has led me to believe a lot of the people on these sites are much quicker to "FLAME" someone than they are to HELP another. (No offense intended) So I re-posted my questions in this thread from the "Bad" guy's point of view.

DAVE33, HIGHWAY MAN and CHARLOTTE, I am grateful for your gifts, of your time spent repyling to this post. Please accept my most sincere THANKS for those. ALSO, please accept my most sincere APOLOGY for deceiving you in order to GET THEM. It was wrong of me to do that, I'll never do it again and I ask your forgivness.

However, with THREE REPLIES on this post and now 49 views and still ZERO REPLIES on the first one**************.. well,...... I'll just leave it at that.:)

Sincerely,
I am grateful

I was taught, and I taught my children, as long as you live you life by GOD'S law, you'll never get into trouble and you'll always be respected. But that no longer carries any weight. But then, how COULD it, when CONGRESS gave it's self and every JUDGE, the power to over rule and change those laws! And amazingly, they do it on a regular basis, without so much as glancing up to see who's looking! :eek:

Just my two cents, your milage may vary.

IAmGrateful

To: PROSERPINA Thank you for your time spent researching the the information and verifying all the facts before you judged me. I also appreciate your time spent to "put me in my place." When thinking of time wasted, I'm sure you will always remember it as time well spent.
However, after you read my last post, you knew that I admitted I was WRONG ( "wrong" as in "NOT ok" and apologized for it before you posted your (smug?) comment. Nice. So what was that? An intentional erroneous assumption on your part? No? Then would you please copy the words "It's ok to waste volunteer's time" from my previous post and paste them here?

Normally I wouldn't waste this time, but I'm p***ed off about being falsely accused by that woman, and to sit by and say nothing after you do the same thing is just a little more than I can do right now. If I have been disrespectful, I apologize. It was not my intent to do so, but rather simply to stand up for myself.

To top it all off, I'm really upset about having an ARREST RECORD now!! And for the REST OF MY LIFE!
Anyone who does a background check on me now, will see: " ARRESTED for THEFT and CRIMINAL trespass. And that's ALL they will see. They won't see "found not guilty," They won't be told "The charges were totally false and should have never been filed." They won't be told: "He is NOT a thief and NOT a criminal." They will only see THREE WORDS: ARRESTED - THEFT - CRIMINAL ! And I've done NOTHING to deserve having those words follow me around for the REST OF MY LIFE!! So if I did indeed waste a minute of someone's time in efforts to stop that from happening, then I apologize......AGAIN.

To: ALL OTHER VOLUNTEERS Thank you for being here and sharing your time and knowledge with those of us who come here seeking answers and help. For attorneys,
my gratitude is doubled as I am well aware: "A lawyer's stock in his/her trade is his/her TIME."

I Am Grateful

Charlotte wrote: "On which thread are you lying? This one?
Or this one?

This one, and you're very observant Charlotte! I won't attempt to justify this second post from the other side's point of view. But please allow me to say
after FIVE DAYS,(With the clock ticking) FORTY FIVE VIEWS and ZERO REPLIES on my other post, I began wondering what I could do to get some kind of reply from SOME body!

Past experience has led me to believe a lot of the people on these sites are much quicker to "FLAME" someone than they are to HELP another. (No offense intended) So I re-posted my questions in this thread from the "Bad" guy's point of view.

DAVE33, HIGHWAY MAN and CHARLOTTE, I am grateful for your gifts, of your time spent repyling to this post. Please accept my most sincere THANKS for those. ALSO, please accept my most sincere APOLOGY for deceiving you in order to GET THEM. It was wrong of me to do that, I'll never do it again and I ask your forgivness.

However, with THREE REPLIES on this post and now 49 views and still ZERO REPLIES on the first one**************.. well,...... I'll just leave it at that.:)

Sincerely,
I am grateful

I was taught, and I taught my children, as long as you live you life by GOD'S law, you'll never get into trouble and you'll always be respected. But that no longer carries any weight. But then, how COULD it, when CONGRESS gave it's self and every JUDGE, the power to over rule and change those laws! And amazingly, they do it on a regular basis, without so much as glancing up to see who's looking! :eek:

Just my two cents, your milage may vary.
To: PROSERPINA Thank you for your time spent researching the the information and verifying all the facts before you judged me. I also appreciate your time spent to "put me in my place." When thinking of time wasted, I'm sure you will always remember it as time well spent.
However, after you read my last post, you knew that I admitted I was WRONG ( "wrong" as in "NOT ok" and apologized for it before you posted your (smug?) comment. Nice. So what was that? An intentional erroneous assumption on your part? No? Then would you please copy the words "It's ok to waste volunteer's time" from my previous post and paste them here?

Normally I wouldn't waste this time, but I'm p***ed off about being falsely accused by that woman, and to sit by and say nothing after you do the same thing is just a little more than I can do right now. If I have been disrespectful, I apologize. It was not my intent to do so, but rather simply to stand up for myself.

To top it all off, I'm really upset about having an ARREST RECORD now!! And for the REST OF MY LIFE!
Anyone who does a background check on me now, will see: " ARRESTED for THEFT and CRIMINAL trespass. And that's ALL they will see. They won't see "found not guilty," They won't be told "The charges were totally false and should have never been filed." They won't be told: "He is NOT a thief and NOT a criminal." They will only see THREE WORDS: ARRESTED - THEFT - CRIMINAL ! And I've done NOTHING to deserve having those words follow me around for the REST OF MY LIFE!! So if I did indeed waste a minute of someone's time in efforts to stop that from happening, then I apologize......AGAIN.

To: ALL OTHER VOLUNTEERS Thank you for being here and sharing your time and knowledge with those of us who come here seeking answers and help. For attorneys,
my gratitude is doubled as I am well aware: "A lawyer's stock in his/her trade is his/her TIME."

I Am Grateful

Grateful, in case no one else acknowledges the point you have made, I do. You have made a point, and made it well. I wonder if any one else will take notice. Too bad you had to portray yourself as the "bad guy" before you got any advice, and now that you have gotten that advice, you are perceived as the "bad guy".

Good luck with your situation.

CdwJava

I suppose everyone could have posted, "Your situation requires far more specific information, knowledge, and experience on your state's laws than we can provide on a simple advice forum. Consult legal counsel."

That was about all that most of us could have said when viewing the original post. There were a number of issues that might require very specific knowledge not only of details of the OP's situation, but of Alabama law. And, as I recall, we don't have any Alabama legal eagles on here. And if any attorneys familiar with AL were here, I doubt they would want to waste a couple of hours hunting down details that they could otherwise be paid for.

To criticize volunteers for not responding to a very involved post in a state where few regular posters have any experience is improper. It would not have served the OP well to have had a couple dozen responses that said, "Consult local counsel." So, instead, people read it, scratched their head, and moved on. I responded to NEITHER post because I had nothing to add. I suspect that was the case with most people. But, in truth, the second post raised easier questions to answer - and the questions were simpler. He asked if there was anything he could be arrested for, and the answer is an easy, "Yes." That does not mean he would be prosecuted or convicted, but he could be arrested. His original post had a lot more convoluted issues involved.

Most of us are here to help a little, to learn a little, and to spend a couple of minutes where we can to help out. Doing an hour's worth of research is not what anyone here is looking to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">