• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be arrested for this (Jury summons)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brisa

I live in Colorado (Arapahoe County). I received a notice to participate as part of a Jury summons. Since I am a Green Card holder, I checked where it says that I am not a citizen and sent the form back. However, I never received a notice in reply that they had received any document from me. This was a month ago. I decided then to go online and since there is another form there, I sent it (again with the same information) and I added a note saying what I just mentioned, and asking if they can reply just to know they had received it (for my records). I kept a copy of the first document I sent by mail, but I haven't received any notice from them (not even online). My husband is a US citizen, and when I told him about this, he told me that I could be arrested if they didn't receive it for some reason. Now I am afraid even to call and ask! What can I do? I have never been into any problems in all my life, and I don't want this to affect my immigration status!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Colorado (Arapahoe County). I received a notice to participate as part of a Jury summons. Since I am a Green Card holder, I checked where it says that I am not a citizen and sent the form back. However, I never received a notice in reply that they had received any document from me. This was a month ago. I decided then to go online and since there is another form there, I sent it (again with the same information) and I added a note saying what I just mentioned, and asking if they can reply just to know they had received it (for my records). I kept a copy of the first document I sent by mail, but I haven't received any notice from them (not even online). My husband is a US citizen, and when I told him about this, he told me that I could be arrested if they didn't receive it for some reason. Now I am afraid even to call and ask! What can I do? I have never been into any problems in all my life, and I don't want this to affect my immigration status!
What did they say when you called to ask about this?

Brisa

Well, I just called now. I left a message, and according to the recording, they will get in contact with me either by mail or by phone in the next 3 to 5 days.

Isis1

Well, I just called now. I left a message, and according to the recording, they will get in contact with me either by mail or by phone in the next 3 to 5 days.
well, you can wait then.

worse case scenario, you fill out the forms AGAIN and walk it to the clerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">