• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I drop charges for a criminal mischief charge in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ldigioia17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pennsylvania/I filed a complaint w/ the PA STATE POLICE that my neice who is on probation ..I now want to drop the charges so she doesn't have to go to jail. Do you think I can drop the charges? some one said I already have a formal charge, but when I go to court the prosecutor will see that I am unwilling to go on w/ the charges that most likely they will dismiss this. She threw stones at my car and damaged the windshield..I later learned that she was on probation she is 18, and that she could get jail time..what is your knowledge and advice on this...this is in the state of pennsylvania.

thank you,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

outonbail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pennsylvania/I filed a complaint w/ the PA STATE POLICE that my neice who is on probation ..I now want to drop the charges so she doesn't have to go to jail. Do you think I can drop the charges? some one said I already have a formal charge, but when I go to court the prosecutor will see that I am unwilling to go on w/ the charges that most likely they will dismiss this. She threw stones at my car and damaged the windshield..I later learned that she was on probation she is 18, and that she could get jail time..what is your knowledge and advice on this...this is in the state of pennsylvania.

thank you,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It sounds like you will do her more good by following through with the charges than you will by trying to have them dropped.

She obviously needs to understand that there are consequences for her actions. Dropping the charges doesn't teach her this.

If she doesn't learn how to live a crime free life and respect other people and their property soon she will no doubt be in legal trouble again and again.

A short vacation in the gray bar hotel may just do her some good,,,

ldigioia17

totally agree w/ you

Everything you said, I totally agree. She has been in jail and has been in boot camp, and she seems to never learn her lesson. My sister and brother in law all need mental help. As of now, I am staying away from all of them. They have issues and when it's FAMILY, it's even worse. thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">