• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Get Arrested For Cursing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nyki31

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota
If I am standing outside my front door, and I'm looking through my purse for my ID and I said "I canot find my f###ing ID" can I get arrested for dissorderly conduct?

BL

Hey there's one for the contest ...

If you got arrested for disorderly, there was more to it than what you posted .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nyki31 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota
If I am standing outside my front door, and I'm looking through my purse for my ID and I said "I canot find my f###ing ID" can I get arrested for dissorderly conduct?

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2004.

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2004 to see if you're the Grand Prize winner!

For further details, Rules, and prize list, go here:
http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

N

nyki31

I didnt get arrested. The officer threatened to arrest me.
My question was, is it legal?
If you do not know the answer please DO NOT REPLY
Thank you.

O

OhBullship

So if we know the answer, but just don't want to share it with you, we can reply with your blessing?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

OhBullship said:
So if we know the answer, but just don't want to share it with you, we can reply with your blessing?

My response:

Some people failed Civics in school - - you know, the part where the First Amendment was discussed.

IAAL

O

OhBullship

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Some people failed Civics in school - - you know, the part where the First Amendment was discussed.

IAAL
Which is why they are clueless when it comes to legal and illegal, but believe they have the right to be respected.
:rolleyes:

CdwJava

nyki31 said:
I didnt get arrested. The officer threatened to arrest me.
My question was, is it legal?
Okay ... CAN you be arrested? If the locale has an archaic and likely Unconstitutional ordinance on the books, they might be able to hook you up or give you a citation. But, if challenged, such an ordinance would be overturned in a heart beat.

My jurisdiction still has a no-cursing ordinance on the books along with "being discourteous to a lady" ... it even defines "lady". If I wanted to risk getting my tail sued off, I could arrest for them. However, I know better. And hopefully the cops in your neck o' the woods do as well.

And I would be simply amazed if cursing equaled "disorderly conduct" even in MN.

- Carl

AHA

If it was so bad, the officer probably would have arrested you on the spot instead of just "threatening" to do so!!!!!! Maybe he just couldn't stand hearing more foul language for doing his job.

O

OhBullship

Oh look! Another criminal who wants to demand their right to be respected, how original! It is always a special feeling when a criminal tries to tell me how to behave.

O

OhBullship

I don't have so much as a speeding ticket on my record. I certainly don't have to worry about being strip searched out in public for my behavior. Did they do a body cavity search too?

O

OhBullship

We know why YOU came here, don't we? YOU came here to try to get help for your legal situation. It isn't any of your business why I came here.

What are you suggesting with your comment that everyone is a criminal? Are you possibly suggesting that whatever crime you committed that got you into trouble is the same thing as speeding?

Here is a clue, you are on probation because you have no idea how to behave in a polite society, yet you want to demand respect from those who do. It doesn't work that way, criminals do not get to make the rules.

O

OhBullship

You aren't too bright, are you? You do not have a right to be respected, you do not have a right to know why I post here, I bet you don't even have the right to vote, do you bright boy?

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OhBullship

You don't get it, do you? You are on probation, I am not. You get strip searched on a whim, I do not. You do not have Fourth Amendment rights, I do. You do not get to tell me what good behavior is all about.

You know, if you had actually wanted to have a conversation about this, it might have been an interesting, however, you started this as an attempt to put us all in our place for not being nice to criminals. You do not get to decide what proper behavior is, since you cannot follow the rules well enough to keep yourself out of trouble.

O

OhBullship

But they can get away with doing it to you whenever they want. You know why? Because you have no rights to privacy, but I do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">