• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be held responsible???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrefletch

What is the name of your state? FL

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question, If an underage person(20 yrs) purchases alcohol for another minor(17yrs old) can the buyer be held responsible if they do something illegal. Like, whats the most that can happen to them, its not like minors killed anyone or stole anything.

seniorjudge

harrefletch said:

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question, If an underage person(20 yrs) purchases alcohol for another minor(17yrs old) can the buyer be held responsible if they do something illegal. Like, whats the most that can happen to them, its not like minors killed anyone or stole anything.
Like, it's possible, like, dude.

ENASNI

harrefletch said:

Hey everyone,

Do you mean, more illegal than what they already did?

We have Minor in Possession. Minor in consumption , possible open container, possible DUI< DWI.

seniorjudge

ENASNI said:

We have Minor in Possession. Minor in consumption , possible open container, possible DUI< DWI.
Like, wow, I mean really heavy, dudette!

HomeGuru

harrefletch said:

Hey everyone,

**A: aiding and abetting a minor is a serious crime.

T

Trucking Mad

HomeGuru said:
**A:The only thing done wrong here by the (20 yr. old) is purchasing alcohol for a minor...To aid and abet they would have to be involved with the crime :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

stephenk

Buying the minor alcohol is aiding and abetting the minor with possession of the alcohol. Buying alcohol for a minor is also a crime in itself. Contributing to the deliquincy of a minor is another charge.

T

Trucking Mad

Thats right

stephenk said:
Buying the minor alcohol is aiding and abetting the minor with possession of the alcohol. Buying alcohol for a minor is also a crime in itself. Contributing to the deliquincy of a minor is another charge.
:cool: Please do tell how contributing to the deliquincy of a minor by purchasing alcohol for the minor is related to aiding & abetting said minor in a seperate criminal action. Based on the facts presented thus far! :cool:

stephenk

it isnt. purchasing the alcohol and giving it to the minor is contributing to the delinquincy of a minor, a separate charge on its own.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Trucking Mad said:
The only thing done wrong here by the (20 yr. old) is purchasing alcohol for a minor...To aid and abet they would have to be involved with the crime :cool:
There is a crime with consumption of alcohol. Without the 20 year old aiding the 17 year old in getting alcohol, the 17 year old could not have consumed it. Hence aiding and abetting.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trucking Mad

Nice Try!

Ohiogal said:
There is a crime with consumption of alcohol. Without the 20 year old aiding the 17 year old in getting alcohol, the 17 year old could not have consumed it. Hence aiding and abetting.
:cool: Close, but no cigar....Nice Try! :D

harrefletch

you misunderstood

ENASNI said:

No, I meant can the buyer be responsible for a crime that the 17 year old commited?

garrula lingua

Interesting, using Trucker in name.

In most states, an alcohol offense (furnishing or poss'n) by a minor, suspends the driving license for one year.

Yippee ...this snarky guy will be walking a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">