• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be prosecuted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

H_Mari

In Ohio-

I have a minor relative living in my home, who has in his bedroom, several pot plants, lots of pot, and an expensive piece of lawn furniture that he stole from a neighbor?

If the police were to find the "goods" would I be prosecuted?

What if I turned him in?

H_Mari

F

FKNA

it's like this, possession is 9/10ths the law. So if they were to raid your home you very well could go to jail and be convicted. On the other hand, if you turn him in you're saving your butt.

calatty

Since it is not your marijuana and you had nothing to do with the chair, you have a good defense if you are charged. Turning someone in for drugs, especially a relative, is never the way to go. At worst, he could end up in prison for many years, and at least he would have a record haunting him for life. At the least, you should give him a chance to move himself and his horticultural operations out of your house and into his own house where only he bears any risk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">