• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue the Ventura county sheriffs in small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dominicmdet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Cali.

Ok I'm a legal medical marijuana license by the County of Los Angeles and certified by doctors.
I live in Los Angeles and was rated by Ventura ,LAPD was supposed be notified by Ventura if it ever go in to the next town anything away I was told.

I rented out my ex room and my roommate want to grow his to( also licensed)
He got stop by the sheriff and they came strat to my house just because a bill was on the sit of the car.

At 1 pm I got a knok on the door I opened it to be thousted to the ground. I asked for the warrant and told him where my medical marijuana license are.
Looked around the house putting holes in wall and ceiling pulled the air conditioner a part .
Ran to my neighbors telling them that I was growing weed
License and legal and while under of the legal limit ( I had 30 I'm aloted 99)

They said if there was nothing in the house they would go. I asked again for the warrant.

After 4 hr mouthing. They give me my dogs and say go for a walk and they will call me when I can go back.
3 hrs go by. They call I meet them I fount of my house. I asked for a copy of the warrant again. They quickly Change the subject and claim that they found 2 pounds of speed in my garage they never showed it to me and never had me sign anything that you said.
They said they weren't going to charge me withh it.

( there was no speed) they toke Plant fertilizer.. So they toke about 15k worth of my plants and did about 2k in damage to the house and I have to move which I will lose my deposits on the house I rented.

dominicmdet

I fell they will keep coming by and doing this again any time they want. I cannot afford to lose another 25 k just because if they want coming to my house with no just cause.

justalayman

I fell they will keep coming by and doing this again any time they want. I cannot afford to lose another 25 k just because if they want coming to my house with no just cause.
and the world might come to an end tomorrow. You have no basis for your "feelings" it is going to happen.

Ok I'm a legal medical marijuana license by the County of Los Angeles and certified by doctors.
doctors do not certify anything. The issue a recommendation.

License and legal and while under of the legal limit ( I had 30 I'm aloted 99)
then why does the law say this:

(a) A qualified patient or primary caregiver may possess
no more than eight ounces of dried marijuana per qualified patient.
In addition, a qualified patient or primary caregiver may also
maintain no more than six mature or 12 immature marijuana plants per
qualified patient.

have you been charged with anything yet?

dominicmdet

QWhen you pay license downtown to several different options you can go for I am growing for legally 12 people which means .12 per person advance up. And they can by last night again and tile 5 plants I just got.. And showed me nothing. And said " get a lawyer" I call a lawyer and he said it would be a east of time for him.

QUOTE=justalayman;3043414]and the world might come to an end tomorrow. You have no basis for your "feelings" it is going to happen.

have you been charged with anything yet?[/QUOTE]

dominicmdet

No and they said they are not. Just harassment loss of income and loss of donations

QWhen you pay license downtown to several different options you can go for I am growing for legally 12 people which means .12 per person advance up. And they can by last night again and tile 5 plants I just got.. And showed me nothing. And said " get a lawyer" I call a lawyer and he said it would be a east of time for him.

QUOTE=justalayman;3043414]and the world might come to an end tomorrow. You have no basis for your "feelings" it is going to happen.

[/QUOTE]

dominicmdet

No and they said they are not. Just harassment loss of income and loss of donations

[/QUOTE]

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you cannot sue the Ventura County Sheriff's office (or anyone else) in small claims court (or any other court) because you think that maybe they'll do something at sometime in the future. You didn't have to move. You chose to move. If you lost your deposit it's no one's fault but your own.

dominicmdet

Wow you're telling me I live in a police state they can come and take my property anytime they want and I cant do nothing about it?? With No warant ...That is not right!!

No, you cannot sue the Ventura County Sheriff's office (or anyone else) in small claims court (or any other court) because you think that maybe they'll do something at sometime in the future. You didn't have to move. You chose to move. If you lost your deposit it's no one's fault but your own.

That's not what the poster said before. The poster said you cannot sue for things that HAVE NOT HAPPENED, that's all.

You may have a 42 USC 1983 route to get back whole. You can file a notice of trespass against the city .. that way they cannot come onto your property w/o a warrant or PC.

Every American should file a notice of trespass with their local and state governments ... otherwise they can come up to your house and snoop around...presumably, just to ask a question about a minor crime that happened months ago that nobody cares about.

The OP needs a lawyer if the OP wishes to sue the government agents.

dominicmdet

In asking about what they did!! And grow up about the mom comment . This site I to help people If you don't want to to then don't!!!

Now if I can find someone that can read the whole thing they will see it was a violation of human rights the house without just cause nor without the consent and destroy my house I am out over $15,000 at this time for damage they did.

That's not what the poster said before. The poster said you cannot sue for things that HAVE NOT HAPPENED, that's all.

You may have a 42 USC 1983 route to get back whole. You can file a notice of trespass against the city .. that way they cannot come onto your property w/o a warrant or PC.

Every American should file a notice of trespass with their local and state governments ... otherwise they can come up to your house and snoop around...presumably, just to ask a question about a minor crime that happened months ago that nobody cares about.

The OP needs a lawyer if the OP wishes to sue the government agents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">