+ Reply to Thread
    ohioandncguy is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Can my lawer get my warrant dropped? Dismissed?

I am in raleigh NC. My issue has special circumstances.
    Something that a friend gave me, which I sold came back stolen. I sold it to a pawn shop and I now have a warrant and I might have to turn myself if.
    However no one is pressing.charges on me, and I already paid the pawn shop restitution.
    So would my high profile lawyer be able to get a judge, D.A , or magistrate to remove the warrant that is out for me?

Any advice would help. I don't want to go to jail over this as I would not be able to make bail. If I am arrested could I get a low to none bail amount?
    Thanks.
    So you claim to have a high profile lawyer but yet likely can't make bail?
    ohioandncguy is offline Junior Member
    I do have a high profile lawyer.
    I was fine financially till a broker ran off with 50k, and the irs froze all my accounts because I messed my taxes up. That's besides the point and has nothing to do with my question.
    Let's try again and see if my question can be answered.
    Thanks
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioandncguy View Post
    So would my high profile lawyer be able to get a judge, D.A , or magistrate to remove the warrant that is out for me?
    How would we know? You have the phone number for your "high profile lawyer," so why don't you call him and ask him?

Clearly SOMEONE is pursing charges. If there is a warrant out for your arrest in this matter, the District Attorney apparently felt there was probable cause to believe that you were involved in the crime and they asked a court for the warrant. As such, it is unlikely that the DA will simply drop the warrant unless they can be convinced that you were not involved. And a judge? What convincing evidence do you have that might convince a judge to quash the warrant?

What you will likely have to do is surrender on the warrant, and use your "high profile lawyer" to help you arrange bail so you can be released right away.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    tranquility is offline Senior Member
    The way high class lawyers "remove" warrants is by negotiating the arrest with the police rather than them coming to get the suspect.