• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my roommates probation officer take my computer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

My roommate is on probation and is not allowed to use the Internet. I have a computer in the house with Internet and it is password protected.

If his probation officer comes to the house, can he look through my computer and even take it out of the house?

What if I am not home and they don't know the password?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

My roommate is on probation and is not allowed to use the Internet. I have a computer in the house with Internet and it is password protected.

If his probation officer comes to the house, can he look through my computer and even take it out of the house?

What if I am not home and they don't know the password?
Forum members: farmerjohn1324's posting history is worth reviewing.

If you live with someone on probation, your rights can be restricted based on the terms of your roommate's probation. Your computer can be confiscated if it is supposed that your roommate has been using it, password protection or not.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">