• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can people just lie like that

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parrotheadlady

What is the name of your state? Ohio
about 5 mon ago I split with my hubby and after about a month I dated a guy for about 2 weeks I then stoped seeing him and went back to the hubby well The guy I was seeing came around everyday even after I told him to stop And last week he showed up again and he and the hubby got face to face and started to fight I jumped between them to stop the fight and told the guy to leave again and I told him I was filing a restraing order Well he left and the next day I was arrested for assult :confused: I couldnt believe it how could they arrest me I didnt hit anyone now I have to get an lawer and go to court how can someone just lie like that and get me arrested? I have a record now and it was him that wouldnt go away he was almost stalking me in a sense Is there anything I can do ?

Thanks in advance

C

condaggitt

next time get divorced before you screw around, guys dont like this krap from women.

P

parrotheadlady

First off the situation surrounding the seperation from my husband was not of my choice and I never said I screwed around Second wether or not my personal choices are right or wrong is not an issue The issue is that I have never hit another human in my life and now I am being accused of this My husband however did hit him and he my husband But I am the one that was charged with assult . I would appreciate any REAL advice that someone could offer I have not yet retained council Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">