• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can police arrest you at work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futurelaw7298

kansas
Can police officers arrest you at work for a traffic violation ticket and for failure to appear in court? also at the time that i got the ticket i had no license. but he never said anything about my suspended license and the ticket was because i had no insurance.

nohr4u1yr

Huh?

Are you serious?... Yes, they can arrest you at work. You failed to appear in court so now there is a warrent our for your arrest. Do you think the cops are going to save your dignity and arrest you when it is convenient for you? You have no disregard for others since you feel it is ok to drive a car without a license and insurance.

NOTGUILTYLEARCH

Bad cop NO donut

Unfortunately they can get you even in church, while in confession, telling the priest about the ax murders you just commited!!

JarMow

*Covers eyes and shakes head*

You know, instead of asking "can you really arrest me here officer", stand up from your desk, point over the officers shoulder and yell, "LOOKOUT!" While the officer ducks and whips around, run the opposite direction. Quickly.

This should give even the most unathletic of aperson a good 3 step lead. Look, the chances of you being arrested if you go willingly are 100%. If you run, theres always the possibility that the officer could get another radio call, realize that he doesn't really care, or slip and fall, thereby terminating the chase. Don't ever assume you are "done" when the cops show up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">