+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By swalsh411
  • 2 Post By Ohiogal
  • 2 Post By TheGeekess
  • 1 Post By WarrantSeeker

Thread: Can the police hack into my email or obtain a warrant that allows them to do that

weqas1234 is offline Member

Can the police hack into my email or obtain a warrant that allows them to do that

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

if the alleged crime is misdemeanor assault? They wouldn't be searching through my emails to look for evidence of the crime, they would be doing it to locate me. No arrests have been made.

How would they know who my email provider is if the people they might have spoken to (family members) don't know it either? Would they just call my email provider and ask for the information by firstname/lastname?
    sandyclaus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weqas1234 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

if the alleged crime is misdemeanor assault? They wouldn't be searching through my emails to look for evidence of the crime, they would be doing it to locate me. No arrests have been made.

How would they know who my email provider is if the people they might have spoken to (family members) don't know it either? Would they just call my email provider and ask for the information by firstname/lastname?
    Dude, you are SO paranoid. You keep asking about how the police can get info on you, if they can search your car, your emails, all of that over a simple misdemeanor assault.

The answer is YES, as long as they have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant for the evidence to convict you. They can subpoena your family members to get your email provider, and then subpoena your email provider to get your emails. Anything is possible if the evidence is truly worth all the effort.

The question here is WHY? WHY would the police and other authorities be putting this kind of effort into a simple misdemeanor assault charge? Short answer is, if you aren't some big-time criminal, they probably wouldn't, unless they want to use this as a way to get you on a bigger offense.
    swalsh411 is offline Senior Member
    Perhapes you should consider stopping doing those things which would cause the police to take an interest in you.
    Indiana Filer and CSO286 like this.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    QUIT posting new threads for your every little thought! Good grief. Go get some counseling.
    Indiana Filer and TheGeekess like this.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    QUIT posting new threads for your every little thought! Good grief. Go get some counseling.
    I think medication would be a better treatment option.
    Indiana Filer and InsaneJane like this.
    WarrantSeeker is offline Member

Paranoia

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”
    ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
    InsaneJane likes this.