• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can police keep your stuff as evidence as long as they want if your not being charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Higgcl

Simmiler question

Ok so first of all im in washington state and I was staying the night at a buddys house and had brought my laptop over to lan and watch movies, and well it just so happends that apparently a few months back b4 that night this all happend, he had posted a pic on 4chan and was aparently being watched by police be cause the next morning im being woken up by police with a search warrent for my buddys computer and since I was there and my comp was there, they took it as evidence but never gave me any reciept or any papperwork, no one was arrested that day but my buddy has been going to all court dates for his "situation" but ther allways continuences, its been almost 1 1/2 years now and I really just want my stuff back and I think its rediculous seeing as how im only listed as a whitness. Any thing I can do?

Eekamouse

Yeah, you can start your own thread and not try to hijack an ancient one. You're a necroposter when you do this sort of thing...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">