• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a searchable FBI fingerprint file be cleared?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DillWeedJr.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Illinois

Hello,
I got arrested for a misdemenor theft back in 2000. I attempted to take something from UPS while i was an employee. Since, i have been arrested, fingerprinted, took a theft class, and had my record expunged. That was my first and last run in with the law. Getting the state police file cleared was easy because i had no criminal record. but when i do a search for fingerprints, i stil get a hit from the FBI.

Is there any way to get this cleared? Considering this was my only arrest, will this FBI file be there forever, or is there something i can do to get it cleared?
Someone told me i could hire an attorney to get it cleared. they said it would cost a lot of money, but they should be able to clear it...is this true?

thxs

tranquility

Even though there are many possibilites, realitstically, the data is in any one of many databases and it will not dissappear. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">