• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Sex Offender Tier 3 Petition for Reducing Risk Level?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel_x

Hi, I just wondering if it is possible for a sex offender tier 3 with 1st Degree sexual offense from New York state where the crime took place, in 1998 and he was 17 years old, to reduce his lifetime sentence labeled as a sex offender tier 3 to a lower risk level so that he will be one step closer to be a free man? This crime took place during his youth age 17 years old which suppose to still be a juvenile. Specially a 17 years old with unsupportive family with a bad childhood caused him to commit this mistake. Now he is grown up to be a great man, trustworthy, responsible, honest, reliable, working hard even though it is not the greatest job, he still dedicated his time and energy for his job. In addition, he has no other crimes since then. Even though he is not in jail, his life is like one big prison and this seems unfair, and he is entitled to have a lifetime sentence reduced.

Basically, my question is if there is a way and possible to reduce his lifetime sentence. Is there any other people out there that was in the same situation as him win a case to reduce a tier 3 with 1st Degree sexual offense to a lower level? I would like to know and looking for attorney that has worked and won this similar case. Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi, I just wondering if it is possible for a sex offender tier 3 with 1st Degree sexual offense from New York state where the crime took place, in 1998 and he was 17 years old, to reduce his lifetime sentence labeled as a sex offender tier 3 to a lower risk level so that he will be one step closer to be a free man? This crime took place during his youth age 17 years old which suppose to still be a juvenile. Specially a 17 years old with unsupportive family with a bad childhood caused him to commit this mistake. Now he is grown up to be a great man, trustworthy, responsible, honest, reliable, working hard even though it is not the greatest job, he still dedicated his time and energy for his job. In addition, he has no other crimes since then. Even though he is not in jail, his life is like one big prison and this seems unfair, and he is entitled to have a lifetime sentence reduced.

Basically, my question is if there is a way and possible to reduce his lifetime sentence. Is there any other people out there that was in the same situation as him win a case to reduce a tier 3 with 1st Degree sexual offense to a lower level? I would like to know and looking for attorney that has worked and won this similar case. Thank you.
Call the local bar and request a criminal attorney that deals with sex offenses. Prepare to pay for the time. You are welcome.

Just Blue

Please post the criminal code the sex offender was convicted of. Thanks...

angel_x

What a load of horse manure. An unsupportive family and a bad childhood do not CAUSE someone to commit a CRIME (not a mistake, a CRIME.) :mad:
Yes, people who are depressed and have a miserable life tends to make a poor choice, in addition if that person is just a juvenile.
Many 17 years old kids make a lot of poor choices. 17 years old is not at the age to be treated with a life sentence label as a criminal.
Yes he is not in a jail anymore but it makes his own country as one big jail.

Isn't the law suppose to be fair and not abuse people? Treating someone who has changed to be a better person as a criminal is just wrong.

A juvenile criminal can grow up to be a responsible person and be a great person, probably better than people who has clean records.
People should know how to learn how to forgive. Even god is forgiveful.

If god can forgive the worst criminal like a killer, god can forgive anyone. If people can't forgive, they are worst than criminals.

Everyone should have a second chance. Isn't this country suppose to be a free country and treat everyone equally and fair?

angel_x

Please post the criminal code the sex offender was convicted of. Thanks...
I am not sure what you mean by criminal code the sex offender, Blue Meanie. If you mean that by Designation or types of sex offender, he is not assign to any of those codes.
He was convicted as tier 3 with 1st Degree with no designation.

Anyway I am just looking for success stories of people who have given a second chance and who can help and which attorney out there that dedacted their work to help a person giving him a second chance and stop the law from abusing a good person.

Even though there are people who don't change but there are people who changed to be good people.
And isn't torturing a good person is wrong? What kind of law torturing people?
Right now the law is just abuse and torturing a good person.
Is the law in this country broken?

Last edited:

Proserpina

I am not sure what you mean by criminal code the sex offender, Blue Meanie. If you mean that by Designation or types of sex offender, he is not assign to any of those codes.

Anyway I am just looking for success stories of people who have given a second chance and who can help and which attorney out there that is here to help people to give them second chance.
I'll try to ask it a different way.

How old was the victim and what was the nature of the crime?

angel_x

I'll try to ask it a different way.

How old was the victim and what was the nature of the crime?
It was a 1st Degree sex crime as I wrote in my first post, according to the report whatever that means and I believe the victim was underage, otherwise there is no crime.

And according to the court he is NOT a Sexual Predator, NOT a Sexually Violent Offender and NOT a Predicate Sex Offender. NO designation.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Anyway I am just looking for success stories of people who have given a second chance and who can help and which attorney out there that dedacted their work to help a person giving him a second chance and stop the law from abusing a good person.

Even though there are people who don't change but there are people who changed to be good people.
And isn't torturing a good person is wrong? What kind of law torturing people?
Right now the law is just abuse and torturing a good person.
Is the law in this country broken?
Perhaps you should ask his victim; I'm sure his/her response would be enlightening.

You don't get a Tier 3, 1st degree designation for sleeping with your 16 year old boyfriend/girlfriend. So ....

angel_x

Perhaps you should ask his victim; I'm sure his/her response would be enlightening.

You don't get a Tier 3, 1st degree designation for sleeping with your 16 year old boyfriend/girlfriend. So ....
As far as I know, when he was 14 or younger; there were few adults, one was his neighbor, a married couple, husband and wife and another was his friend's mom, sexually used him, which is so wrong in many ways. Married adult couples, an adult husband and a wife, and a mother, a freaking mother, used this poor 14 years old kid as a sex toy. They are the monsters.

Personally, those people were the reason that turned him into a criminal. When a 14 years old who has been sexually manipulated thinks that is OK to do it made him do what he did when he was 17 years old which is suppose to be a juvenile.

Those adults suppose to be sentence to jail for life for manipulating an innocent kid that is poor with unsupportive family. They used him and turn his life upside down.
I don't think he ever reported those adults to the police.

He is already convicted with Tier 3, 1st degree which I guess not a boyfriend/girlfriend case. So my question is if there is a way to reduce Tier 3 after having a clean record for over 15 years?
He is now an adult and he is totally not the same person as the 17 years old kid, he is a great responsible person, honest, caring and loving.
He is totally a great person and totally the opposite of those adults that sexually used him when he was a kid.
Is it fair to treat a changed person, and a good person as a criminal and keep abusing them with the laws? When the real criminal are still out there?
Where is the civil rights? This just makes the law looks as one big joke and abusive.

Last edited:

Silverplum

As far as I know, when he was 14 or younger; there were few adults, one was his neighbor, a married couple, husband and wife and another was his friend's mom, sexually used him, which is so wrong in many ways. Married adult couples, an adult husband and a wife, and a mother, a freaking mother, used this poor 14 years old kid as a sex toy. They are the monsters.

Personally, those people were the reason that turned him into a criminal. When a 14 years old who has been sexually manipulated thinks that is OK to do it made him do what he did when he was 17 years old which is suppose to be a juvenile.

Those adults suppose to be sentence to jail for life for manipulating an innocent kid that is poor with unsupportive family. They used him and turn his life upside down.

He is already convicted with Tier 3, 1st degree which I guess not a boyfriend/girlfriend case. So my question is if there is a way to reduce Tier 3 after having a clean record for over 15 years?
He is now an adult and he is totally not the same person as the 17 years old kid, he is a great responsible person, honest, caring and loving.
He is totally a great person and the opposite of those adults that sexually used him when he was a kid.
Is it fair to treat a changed person, and a good person as a criminal and keep abusing them with the laws? When the real criminal are still out there?
You're not going to get an attorney here: we don't give referrals. Go find one and pay him/her.

angel_x

You're not going to get an attorney here: we don't give referrals. Go find one and pay him/her.
I was being referred to this site by attorney pages to look for help.

I'm not expecting any attorney here, but at least I would like to hear or talked to people who was able to reduce their tier 3 levels to a lower level
or knows someone with similar cases or stories who has given a second chance.

But if there is any attorney that come across this, knows what he/she is doing, have worked on similar case and win the case and really looking to help people, I would be happy to talk to them.

If there is anyone out there, feel free to contact me.

Honestly, I don't know if there is many attorney that really dedicated their lives to help people because everything is just about money these days.
Just like you said Silverplum, "Go find one and pay him/her". I prefer to meet an attorney that wants to help rather than wants money.

Anyway I think, only an attorney that would help without expecting any payments is a REAL attorney.
It is not that we can't pay, it is more about how honest and care the attorney is.
No offense to any attornies. Everything is this country is just about money which is the reality.

I would be happy if I can meet an attorney that really wants to help and knows what he is doing and have worked on same case and win the case.
It would be great if that attorney agrees if we lose the case, we don't pay or just pay a little and if we win we pay full.
Honestly, I would be happy to pay double price to the attorney if he/she can help us win this case if they accept the payment agreement.

I really do believe there are attorney like that in this country and I salute them.
I wish there is an easy way to find them.

Silverplum

I was being referred to this site by attorney pages to look for help.

I'm not expecting any attorney here, but at least I would like to hear or talked to people who was able to reduce their tier 3 levels to a lower level
or knows someone with similar cases or stories who has given a second chance.

But if there is any attorney that come across this, knows what he/she is doing, have worked on similar case and win the case and really looking to help people, I would be happy to talk to them.

If there is anyone out there, feel free to contact me.

Honestly, I don't know if there is many attorney that really dedicated their lives to help people because everything is just about money these days.
Just like you said Silverplum, "Go find one and pay him/her". I prefer to meet an attorney that wants to help rather than wants money.

Anyway I think, only an attorney that would help without expecting any payments is a REAL attorney.
It is not that we can't pay, it is more about how honest and care the attorney is.
No offense to any attornies. Everything is this country is just about money which is the reality.

I would be happy if I can meet an attorney that really wants to help and knows what he is doing and have worked on same case and win the case.
It would be great if that attorney agrees if we lose the case, we don't pay or just pay a little and if we win we pay full.
Honestly, I would be happy to pay double price to the attorney if he/she can help us win this case if they accept the payment agreement.

I really do believe there are attorney like that in this country and I salute them.
I wish there is an easy way to find them.
Do you work for free? Don't attorneys have bills?

:rolleyes:

Proserpina

He is totally a great person and totally the opposite of those adults that sexually used him when he was a kid.
Where is the civil rights? This just makes the law looks as one big joke and abusive.

I think you may have been fed a line and you've gone straight for the bait without thinking.

Not a word about the rights of his victim/s either. That's tragic.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
A 17 year old is NOT a juvenile, he is an adult and is sentenced as an adult.

What crime did he commit? And please, I don't want to hear tier 3, 1st degree blah blah blah. What section of the New York State Penal Law did he violate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">