• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone tell me if this is a felony or misdemeanor (background check)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nstillmatic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

The record in question is for a background check for apartment leasing approval on an occupant. I am having a lot of trouble deciphering this from the Revised Code, can anyone help me out?

2913.02.A(3).

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

The record in question is for a background check for apartment leasing approval on an occupant. I am having a lot of trouble deciphering this from the Revised Code, can anyone help me out?

2913.02.A(3).
Here at this link are the Ohio Revised Codes: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913.02

2913.02 Theft.

(A) No person, with purpose to deprive the owner of property or services, shall knowingly obtain or exert control over either the property or services in any of the following ways:

(1) Without the consent of the owner or person authorized to give consent;

(2) Beyond the scope of the express or implied consent of the owner or person authorized to give consent;

(3) By deception;

(4) By threat;

(5) By intimidation.

...{snip}...

(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of theft.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in this division or division (B)(3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), or (9) of this section, a violation of this section is petty theft, a misdemeanor of the first degree.

---------------------
And after that, I don't know.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...with that said.

Is this really the person you WANT living in your rental?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">