• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can state prosecute me on one written statement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RRATM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arkansas

Ex girl friend called 911 , saying I was going to kill her! (completely false)!! When police got here, she changed her story .
Told police I chocked her? broke her window out of her car B.C? she was driving crazy or something?
I keep my mouth closed , knot knowing what she said!!
Said she didn’t want to have anything to do with filing charges on me. Well, I was arrested and charged with battery 3 degree.

My question is, seeing that the state filed this on me and she said, ( if they ask her to show up , she isn’t.) Will this be dropped or is the written statement all the state need to convict me? .
B.C. to be honest, I broke her window out to turn the car off, she was trying to run me over, said she was going to hit my suv. but neve told cops this. and thats how she got marks on her arm and neck.
Should, I go tell police this??
will they drop it if she doen't show up?

Last edited:

CdwJava

It sounds like they might have enough to charge you, MAYBE enough to convict you. If she receives a subpoena to go to court, she has to go. Is she willing to go to jail to protect you? Probably not.

Contact an attorney ASAP, and do so before speaking to the police.

- Carl

RRATM

It sounds like they might have enough to charge you, MAYBE enough to convict you. If she receives a subpoena to go to court, she has to go. Is she willing to go to jail to protect you? Probably not.

Contact an attorney ASAP, and do so before speaking to the police.

- Carl
In her statement, she had said, she didn't won’t to be any part of me getting charged with any thing, that she provoked me!
She also said, "She would be willing to right the judge a letter, telling him, she didn't want me charges with any crime that she provoked me.

CdwJava

Even if she "provoked" you, that does NOT justify a physical attack.

I cannot say what your prosecutor will do. Hence, the reason you need to speak with a local attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">