• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the state prosecutor in Washington issue arrest warrant in Canada??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmc

What is the name of your state? [Vancouver, Canada]I have a question, if someone accidentally crossed the US Border in Spokane, search was issued and found was a quanity of cocaine found, arrest one person interrogate and perform a full investigation the release the other occupant with no charges who resides in British Columbia, Months later the one occupant of the vehicle is released and then issue an arrest warrant for the second individual who was released with no charges???? Is it possible for the Spokane Washington to arrest this individual who resides in BC, Canada???? Sincerely confused canadian about US LAW , that just does not happen in canada....[/SIZE] :confused:

JETX

If I understand your VERY confusing post, you are wondering if an arrest warrant issued in Washington state can be used to arrest that person in Canada. If correct, the answer is yes.

racer72

I would like to know how you crossed the border at Spokane. The Canadien border is about 140 miles from Spokane.

JETX

I also have to wonder how you "accidentally crossed the US Border"??

Did you just assume that the border station (the one with the Customs and INS folks in uniforms) was just some 'spinoff' group from the Canadian Mounties??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">