• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a witness or audio tape of a DUI do much?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jingle55

On Guam,
a friend of mine was arrested with a DUI, plus other charges. I was with him earlier and walked up to the arrest in progess. Will my testimony as a witness help him in court? And when I'm alone, will an audio tape recording of future possible arrests help my case if I show everyone I'm recording the confrontation?

V

Vincent Cosent

That Depends

on what your testimony is and whether you were under the influence yourself.
The best protection for future possible arrests is to seek help with your problems now!
Recording laws vary widely so you need to see a local attorney.
Just curious! Are you a U.S. military brat?

J

jingle55

witness

I wasn't under the influence. In fact I had a recent stay in detention for a matter entirely different so when I was told to cross the street so they could look at me and intimidate me, I was prepared. I calmly gave them my I.D. and answered thier questions pertaining to my presence. Since my friend was put in the cop car and there was nothing ellse to witness I left once they demanded that I do so.
My friend is a military dependent, a house husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">