• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can You be Violated for Parole Twice? HElp!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nicoleasm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Okay so here's the situation, if someone violates their probation by getting into trouble again(the 1st time, there were no arrests, just a probationary period of good behavior), and they were arrested for the incident, but were able to make a bond to get out of jail at the judge's discretion...could a parole officer come back and charge that person again, just on parole violation for getting into trouble again?
I was thinking no, b/c the judge allowed this person to make bail...does anyone know? or have had this situation happen to them?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Okay so here's the situation, if someone violates their probation by getting into trouble again(the 1st time, there were no arrests, just a probationary period of good behavior), and they were arrested for the incident, but were able to make a bond to get out of jail at the judge's discretion...could a parole officer come back and charge that person again, just on parole violation for getting into trouble again?
I was thinking no, b/c the judge allowed this person to make bail...does anyone know? or have had this situation happen to them?
Is this your sister who stabbed her boyfriend or are you referring to the boyfriend who was stabbed in hopes of being able to take his child from him?

dave33

The thread is confusing. Is it probation or parole? Were you on probation,got violated went to jail, got parole than violated that? Explain better and I will probably be able to give you a fairly accurate answer.

Nicoleasm

The thread is confusing. Is it probation or parole? Were you on probation,got violated went to jail, got parole than violated that? Explain better and I will probably be able to give you a fairly accurate answer.

Sorry, I know that sounded confusing. I'll clarify....the 1st arrest happened 3 months ago, and there was no jail time, released hours later and just placed on probation for a couple of years(promise to stay out of trouble).

3 months later, There was a new incident, resulting in an arrest, but there was no release right away. The judge allowed bail to be posted after 2 weeks in jail. Of course, after the 1st incident, the person would have had to stay out of trouble. So after being released on this bail, could the parole officer from the 1st incident, say, "this 2nd offense made you violate your initial parole"...causing the person to be placed back into jail?

Nicoleasm

So we are talking about you? Or is this just a hypothetical?
A friend who was on probation for a 1st offense, and was arrested for a 2nd offense, and a judge allowed this person to be released on a bail...my question is could the probation officer from the 1st offense violate them for even having a 2nd offense?

Antigone*

A friend who was on probation for a 1st offense, and was arrested for a 2nd offense, and a judge allowed this person to be released on a bail...my question is could the probation officer from the 1st offense violate them for even having a 2nd offense?
In a word ~ YES.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">