• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canadian with US warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MeganCAD2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi My name is Megan, I was living in the states (dual citizen) and I was into a bar scuffle. I was ticketed and told to appear in court for an agg assault case (felony). During that time I have went back home to Canada.

Question is - Can the warrant follow me to Canada?
Question #2 is - If I travel with my Canadian passport can the US/other countries see the US warrant?

Canada uses a different drivers licence number and uses Social insurance numbers instead of Social Security Numbers

I already know I wont be able to cross back into USA because they will arrest me at the boarder. I don't have any need or any ties in the US so I wont ever have to go back down there.

FlyingRon

Absolutely. The warrant information very much is available to Canadian authorities. If you are stopped there, they may indeed notice it and arrest you. Further, many Canadian agencies have active fugitive squads whose job it is to chase down fugitives in their area including those with US warrants.

I would suspect that given the way Canadian immigration works, attempting to reenter Canada (from ANY other country) while you have a felony warrant out will almost certainly result in your arrest.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your drivers license number and social security/insurance number are not relevant.

Do you really think you're going to skate because no one will know who you are?

MeganCAD2

Randy was only caught at the boarder trying to cross over into the US where he had a warrant. They didn't even bother to get him in canada.

It was an assault because she jumped in front of my rental car.

And no I'm not trying to hide, nor do I think that because of the different license numbers they won't find me I was just curious.

But I guess for every 1 question you get you also get a handful of trolls

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">