• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cannot test in front probationer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shypee831

What is the name of your state? California

Hello, I have been on probation now for 13 months and I have 5 months left. I was charged with possesion of herion, since I was arrested I've gotten clean of all drugs, I've gotten a job, and I attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings. Anyways, because it was a possesion charge, I have frequent urinalysis tests. This has not been a problem with me up until today, my probation officer stated that he has to be in the restroom while I urinate, This is a problem for me because as odd as it may seem, I am physically incapable to urinate while he is in the bathroom watching me. When I was tested for the first time I informed my probation officer of my problem, so for the last 12 months each time before I test he would check under my shirt and pant legs for any devices used for cheating the urine test and then he would let me urinate in the restroom by myself. Today when I reported for testing he told me that he is now required to be in the restroom while I test. I've tried to just relax and urinate with him there but it seems physically impossible. This is a serious problem for me and I don't know what do because I have nothing to hide, I just can't pee while he is in the same room.

1) I need to know my rights as a probationer.

2) Is there another way that I can test for drugs? (such as a blood specimen)

3) Is there any legal way that I can do the urine test on my own?

Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">