• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Capias?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tacgeek

Hi folks;

When recently applying for a new job, part of the application process was submitting a criminal background check. During the course of this check, it came to my attention that I've got a felony capias (warrant, I think) for a county in Ohio.

I was on Probation there once, however, my probation term has been expiered for a few years, so I really have no idea what this is about.

What's the easiest way for me to resolve this/find out what's going on? I've got a job, and getting arrested and not knowing exactly how long I'll be incarcerated isn't the best outcome for me.

I had a public defender/pretender for my probation case...would it be wise for me to contact them?

Let me know;

Thanks.

djohnson

Lots of unknown's here. What were the terms of your probation? Was there more than just a time, like was restitution to be made? Could it be for anything else you left there like returned checks? Can you not just call and see what they tell you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">