• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Capias?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brentah64

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hi i live in New Hampshire but i have a capias issued for me from Massachusetts because thats where i pay child support.Let me explain,I pay my child support in Mass because thats where my children live.Recently i was trying to resolve a problem with D.O.R. government agency that handles child support in Mass.I resolved the problem with a customer service rep via e-mail.She notified me that the norfolk county probate court had issued a capias for me for missing a court date last may of 08,i wasent even aware that i had a court date because i never received any court document,She recommended that i contact the clerks department of the probate court.I called and received a voice mail and i left a message.I told the woman that i had a capias out for me from may of 08 and i wanted to know how i could resolve the capias and i left her my cell phone number.Well i was on my way to work that afternoon and i missed her call so she left a voice mail.This woman was very rude a real B?%#!! she said to answer my question was that the capias was good for two years and the way to resolve it was to surrender my self to the court and she hung up.First of all im not a criminal second of all im not surrendering myself to the court so they can through me in jail for nothing!I really dont make alot of money after child support is deducted from my pay check,but i may have no choice but to retain a attorney unless i can get this resolved myself.Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Colin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">