• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

capias failure to appear traffic court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HarryBD

What is the name of your state? virginia

I had a capias warrant on me fo failure to appear previously. I did go to traffic court and they gave me a fine and it was finished.

I now have another capias for failure to appear. an officer called me and told me to come in tomorrow and that he would take me home after. He said that, even though there was a previous capias for failure to appear. there is a good chance that i will leave without going to a holding cell and bond because of all the good things he will tell the magistrate pertaining, i suppose, to how i came voluntarily.

Does that make sense? I think they may want to keep me due to the previous record. Is he just saying this in order to get me there, and doesn't care what he has to say in order to do so. Regardless, I know I have to go and clear this up, but as I said it doesn't make sense to me what he says.

gawm

i wouldn't believe him. make sure you have a couple of days off work then turn yourself in

HarryBD

Can they just simply lie and say whatever they want?

Can they just simply lie and say whatever they want?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">