• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CAPIAS Warrant What to do to Take care of it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jmart2012

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I've recently missed a court date. So the judge issued a CAPIAS Warrant for my arrest. In my county which is Phelps County Missouri. Typically, you sit in jail for about Two Months, ( Which I'm not trying to do) before you see the judge. On this case I've been making all my Fines payments and all that, I just never received a court date in the mail. I want to take care of this warrant as soon as possible I've called the Circuit clerk and she advised me to get an attorney rather than turning myself in. I'm just wondering if I get a attorney how will they proceed to get my warrant taking care of? Someone please tell me the best way to go about this? I really don't want to go sit in jail and miss work for months, just for the judge to lift my warrant which would put me behind on my monthly payments to the courts, plus add a $55 per night Jail bill to my court cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">