• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carl, I was watching "Naked Cops"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

What is the name of your state?on Court TV the other day, and I was wondering.

Does "Cops" reflect real-life police work?

Also, I have a question about narcotics officers. The uniformed officers on that show are generally patient and hard-working, and put up with a lot of crap.

But the narcs, on the other hand... well, they tend to come off like arrogant thugs... a lot like the people they're arresting. Do narcs have an "image" in law enforcement?

Thanks.

Ps - it turns out it was the suspects who're getting naked on "Naked Cops," not the cops.

rmet4nzkx

Kane said:

Also, I have a question about narcotics officers. The uniformed officers on that show are generally patient and hard-working, and put up with a lot of crap.

But the narcs, on the other hand... well, they tend to come off like arrogant thugs... a lot like the people they're arresting. Do narcs have an "image" in law enforcement?

Thanks.

Ps - it turns out it was the suspects who're getting naked on "Naked Cops," not the cops.
Kane, Carl was on "Cops" but he has his uniform on without a doubt.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Kane said:

Kinda sorta. Though we out here tend to look at the show in wonder ... since the agencies approve what goes out, it's amazing what they agree to!

One of the agencies I used to work with was on Cops when I was in the field. They were good guys and easy to work with ... and some were former cops, too. But what I see on TV is sometimes silly, sometimes dangerous, and always seriously edited (so you can't trust it to show you all the factors in the PC for a bust or a search).

Yes, they do. Unfortunately narcs tend to develop some sloppy habits and poor attitudes. Not all, mind you, but many. But, they have to be hard. They don't deal with John Q. Victim all that often, they deal with flotsam and jetsom, and hardcore suspects that might just want to kill them. So the very job lends itself to a hardened individual.

Yeah. :) I don't think they make Cops any more ever since the USSC sort of put a crimp into media ridealong entering residences. I don't think a new episode has been filmed in about 6 or 7 years, but I could be wrong. (Shows you how often I watch the show ... but my kids do!)

And, yes, I was ... I was helping herd horses off of a road. Such excitement.

- Carl

Zephyr

Kane said:

Thanks.

Ps - it turns out it was the suspects who're getting naked on "Naked Cops," not the cops

man- don;t get my hopes up! :p I read the title of your post and thought mmmm a man in uniform (niiiice) getting out of uniform (even better)....

oooh what a let down :D

Kane

Carl, I didn't know you were on Cops. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Thanks for answering.

Zephyr - I doubt it's *that* hard to get a cop out of uniform. :)

CdwJava

Kane said:
Carl, I didn't know you were on Cops. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Thanks for answering.
It was one episode and I was in the background. They rode with officers from a shift that overlapped mine for 6 weeks, as I recall. There were several incidents they filmed, but I can't recall any more than the one with the horses that I was in. There may have been more, but I didn't see all of the Sacramento episodes ... and they never asked for my name, so I doubt it was mentioned anywhere.

But, if it was Sacramento County during 1993, then I was there ... well, somewhere.

Zephyr - I doubt it's *that* hard to get a cop out of uniform. :)
Not if you're married to him/her. Just ask my wife. ;)

- Carl

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
It was one episode and I was in the background. They rode with officers from a shift that overlapped mine for 6 weeks, as I recall. There were several incidents they filmed, but I can't recall any more than the one with the horses that I was in. There may have been more, but I didn't see all of the Sacramento episodes ... and they never asked for my name, so I doubt it was mentioned anywhere.

But, if it was Sacramento County during 1993, then I was there ... well, somewhere.

Not if you're married to him/her. Just ask my wife. ;)

- Carl

I'll bet we have some posters who have been on COPS also.

It always amazes me that the perps in those episodes are just tickled pink to get to be on television!

Heather2

CdwJava said:
Yeah. :) I don't think they make Cops any more ever since the USSC sort of put a crimp into media ridealong entering residences. I don't think a new episode has been filmed in about 6 or 7 years, but I could be wrong. (Shows you how often I watch the show ... but my kids do!)
Last Saturday had a new episode so unless they are 6-7 years behind on producing...

CdwJava

Heather2 said:
Last Saturday had a new episode so unless they are 6-7 years behind on producing...
Okay. I hadn't seen a recent episode in many years.

BUT! A "new" episode may be one cobbled from prior footage that was not aired. The COPS crew told us that it took two camera crews a week of rides to get a half hour's footage ... this varied, but it did leave them a LOT of material to be cobbled together later on.

And according to their website they ARE still in production. So, I guess I just haven't caught a new show recently.

- Carl

Heather2

CdwJava said:
Okay. I hadn't seen a recent episode in many years.

BUT! A "new" episode may be one cobbled from prior footage that was not aired. The COPS crew told us that it took two camera crews a week of rides to get a half hour's footage ... this varied, but it did leave them a LOT of material to be cobbled together later on.

And according to their website they ARE still in production. So, I guess I just haven't caught a new show recently.

- Carl
The new episodes come on Saturday night. But why would you watch it? You live it every day.

You can tell the new episodes from the old ones by what they look like. Some of those 80' and 90's episodes hair styles are pretty scary. :eek:

CdwJava

Heather2 said:
The new episodes come on Saturday night. But why would you watch it? You live it every day.

You can tell the new episodes from the old ones by what they look like. Some of those 80' and 90's episodes hair styles are pretty scary. :eek:
That, and I tend to work on Saturday nights right now.

And i remember the 80's and 90's well ... that's when I used to HAVE hair! ;)

- Carl

rmet4nzkx

CdwJava said:
That, and I tend to work on Saturday nights right now.

And i remember the 80's and 90's well ... that's when I used to HAVE hair! ;)

- Carl
Now they wear baseball caps and some wear tee shirts. I have seen some who turn up their sleeves to show off their muscles, The bicycle cops wear shorts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">