• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Catching a Deadbeat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LizzieAnn

What is the name of your state?FL/WA

My EX boyfriend and I had a daughter 8 years ago in Florida. He has never paid me any child support. A few years ago he moved to Washington. Recently, he was summoned to court there to answer non payment charges, but didn't show up. There is now a bench warrant in WA for him. This loser also has a warrant out in FL for violation of probation from a theft charge. My question is will the police go to his house to try to arrest him, or will they just wait until he gets pulled over for something else? I have asked this question to cops here, but no one seems to know the answer. If they find him, will his FL warrant show up as well? He hasn't seen our daughter in over 2 years. This should be enough to put him in jail, as she loves and misses him! Thank you.

Last edited:

CdwJava

LizzieAnn said:
What is the name of your state?FL/WA

My EX boyfriend and I had a daughter 8 years ago in Florida. He has never paid me any child support. A few years ago he moved to Washington. Recently, he was summoned to court there to answer non payment charges, but didn't show up. There is now a bench warrant in WA for him. This loser also has a warrant out in FL for violation of probation from a theft charge. My question is will the police go to his house to try to arrest him, or will they just wait until he gets pulled over for something else? I have asked this question to cops here, but no one seems to know the answer. If they find him, will his FL warrant show up as well? He hasn't seen our daughter in over 2 years. This should be enough to put him in jail, as she loves and misses him! Thank you.
Unless these are serious felonies, then the other states are not likely to extradite. The warrants from out of state will only show up if the agency running the records contacts the state in question, or, if the state in question has entered the warrants into NCIC AND agrees to extradite for the offenses.

I cannot imagine that Fl would extradite from WA for this charge. And WA MIGHT go look for him at his house if the warrant was issued from the county he resides in or from nearby.

It's not likely a serious enough offense to rate a warrant detail.

- Carl

LizzieAnn

Thanks, Carl. What is NCIC and can I find out if the FL charges are there? Also, he was already extradited back to FL for the theft charge over a year ago, but put on probation, then went back to WA (had permission, if saw his PO monthly-- which he did not!).

CdwJava

LizzieAnn said:
Thanks, Carl. What is NCIC and can I find out if the FL charges are there? Also, he was already extradited back to FL for the theft charge over a year ago, but put on probation, then went back to WA (had permission, if saw his PO monthly-- which he did not!).
It is the National Crime Information Center and it is essentially a huge database and data terminal for access to law enforcement related subjects and compiled data from throughout the nation. YOU will not be able to access it and find out if the FL warrant is in there. You can call the agency in FL that issued the warrant and tell them where he is. If they have an interest in getting him they will let the locals know.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">