• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught at a brothel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joshdee

United Kingdom UK

I had visited a brothel and had entered inside the house. After about 10 minutes Police came bursting in and raided the place. They took my details and told me to leave. I did not have sex with anyone and actually right before the police burst in, I decided to leave it as the girl looked horrible and not the one I thought it would be. They did not say that anything would come through my door but just said to leave and take this as a warning. I still wasn’t sure what was going to happen so I asked the officer is anything going to be posted to me. The officer said “well that’s on you, as soon as you walked through the door you took the risk”. When asked previously by another officer "what were you doing here" I said “I saw a cheap massage service advertised for £20 and that I thought it was great”. “So I decided to come”. I have a wife and new baby on the way and I’m worried that something will be sent to my house or I have to go court. I did not even touch anyone there and I have read that paying for sex is not illegal unless the girl is under a certain age. Now I have not done anything at all but could I be done for just entering the house?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
United Kingdom UK

I had visited a brothel and had entered inside the house. After about 10 minutes Police came bursting in and raided the place. They took my details and told me to leave. I did not have sex with anyone and actually right before the police burst in, I decided to leave it as the girl looked horrible and not the one I thought it would be. They did not say that anything would come through my door but just said to leave and take this as a warning. I still wasn’t sure what was going to happen so I asked the officer is anything going to be posted to me. The officer said “well that’s on you, as soon as you walked through the door you took the risk”. When asked previously by another officer "what were you doing here" I said “I saw a cheap massage service advertised for £20 and that I thought it was great”. “So I decided to come”. I have a wife and new baby on the way and I’m worried that something will be sent to my house or I have to go court. I did not even touch anyone there and I have read that paying for sex is not illegal unless the girl is under a certain age. Now I have not done anything at all but could I be done for just entering the house?
YES! The United States has conquered the UK! FINALLY! Bravo.

OHRoadwarrior

If it happened over the weekend and you are cited, you can argue they were not prostitutes, they were substitutes.

Sorry, had to say it. See link in last answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">