• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught Shoplifting in La

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lalafrog

Louisisna, lafayette

A week and a half ago I was caught shoplifting makeup from wal-mart.
The total value of the items was $37.94. I know i made a bad choice in doing. The security people at wal-mart called the cops and he gave me a misdemeanor summons and said they will mail me my court date in the mail.This is the first time i have ever been in trouble. My age is 21.

I need to know what are the consquences to my actions.
Will this stay on my record?

Antigone*

Louisisna, lafayette

A week and a half ago I was caught shoplifting makeup from wal-mart.
The total value of the items was $37.94. I know i made a bad choice in doing. The security people at wal-mart called the cops and he gave me a misdemeanor summons and said they will mail me my court date in the mail.This is the first time i have ever been in trouble. My age is 21.

I need to know what are the consquences to my actions.
Will this stay on my record?
Expect a civil deman of at least a couple of hundred dollars that you will be responsible to pay. This will be in addition to any criminal penalties you may be facing.

Yes this will stay on your record. Don't look for any employment opportunities in retail or any industry that requires a trust factor when it comes to assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">