• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chain of custody (Evidence)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seattlewag

Good investigative journalism there, CavemanLawyer. You should write a book or screen play. :)

Here are links to FactCheck.org and to Politifact.com's "truth-o-meter," on the 1975 rape case:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/clintons-1975-rape-case/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2014/jul/17/did-hillary-clinton-ask-to-be-relieved-rapist/

It is important to emphasize that Clinton represented her client (the defendant in the rape case) as most criminal defendants would want to be represented. Criminal defense attorneys do not have the luxury of picking the most desirable of clients - but the fact that the clients are undesirable should not reflect negatively on the criminal defense attorney. The defense attorneys are charged with doing a job and they do it to the best of their abilities.

Does anyone want fact checks now on any of the recent stories about Trump? ;)

Are you seriously going to quote me fact checking articles that were a response to a flaky republican meme online?

I'm looking into a specific element of the case to see if what she claimed is plausible. That's it. I'm not the least bit
concerned with how anyone else has reported the story.

That said, I'm not discussing this in a public forum, because I'm not 100% sure I want to be one of those suicides Caveman Lawyer refers too.

quincy

Are you seriously going to quote me fact checking articles that were a response to a flaky republican meme online?

I'm looking into a specific element of the case to see if what she claimed is plausible. That's it. I'm not the least bit
concerned with how anyone else has reported the story.

That said, I'm not discussing this in a public forum, because I'm not 100% sure I want to be one of those suicides Caveman Lawyer refers too.
When you are investigating a story, facts are important so, yes, I am seriously providing you with links to fact-checking articles. Journalists verify. It is what they do.

Investigative journalists, on average the highest paid of journalists nationwide, read everything they can find on their topic and they will talk to anyone who might have knowledge of the topic. No source will be ignored. The investigative journalist knows that it is often the obscure article or the random comment or the odd fact that will drive their story. And they often spend months and even years investigating a story before they are ready to write. It will be even longer before they are ready to publish what they write.

If you want to be a successful journalist, you need to stop asking vague questions. Vague questions get you vague answers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">