• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged but never convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ditchg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wv
I was charged with felony burglary and felony assault. I Did not do it. The person who filed the charges was lied to. Once I was arrested I called him and he realized it was not true. He went to court with me. He was called into a side room with the clerk and dropped the charges and told them it was a mistake. I never went before the judge the clerk gave me some papers and said the state of wv agreed that there was no reason to pursue the charges and I was free to go. What does this mean for me? I want to go to RN school will this cause me to fail a background check for school and or employment. I was charged but never convicted of anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">