• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHARGED!...bUT Never Tried. What happens Now>?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ewood2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Harford County, MD
Over a year ago, I was charged with an Arson/Threat along with about 3 comparatively minor crimes, after having a schizophrenic episode (I am a diagnosed schizophrenic and legally disabled from it). Since the date of the crime, I was arrested, brought up on said charges and released ROR the following day. I have since done a few months for crimes committed PRIOR to the date of this one.

I am trying to put my life back together but feel like this case could come crashing down on me at any time. Im afraid that if i bring it to the attention of the state that it will trigger a trial. If there is a limit to how long the state has to try me I would REALLY like to know that so that I can keep this open case "to my self" until the time has passed. Thanks for your help in advance...Oh i can give the case # to anyone who asked if you think that might help you answer my question.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Harford County, MD
Over a year ago, I was charged with an Arson/Threat along with about 3 comparatively minor crimes, after having a schizophrenic episode (I am a diagnosed schizophrenic and legally disabled from it). Since the date of the crime, I was arrested, brought up on said charges and released ROR the following day. I have since done a few months for crimes committed PRIOR to the date of this one.

I am trying to put my life back together but feel like this case could come crashing down on me at any time. Im afraid that if i bring it to the attention of the state that it will trigger a trial. If there is a limit to how long the state has to try me I would REALLY like to know that so that I can keep this open case "to my self" until the time has passed. Thanks for your help in advance...Oh i can give the case # to anyone who asked if you think that might help you answer my question.
I'm assuming that you had attorney representation when you went before the court for those charges? I suggest you discuss the status of your case with that attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">