• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with drugs found in cop car the next day.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jerraco noel

Indiana.

I was pulled over for something obstructing my license plate. When they pulled me over they ran all my information and everything was legal. License, registration, and insurance. Nobody in the vehicle was on probation, or had warrants. The cops then asked me to search the vehicle. I refused the search of the vehicle. When denying them the right to search they ran the k9 around the vehicle. The officers stated the dog hit on the passenger side for narcotics. After they stated the dog hit on the vehicle they removed us from the vehicle and searched us. After searching us they detained us then began searching the vehicle. They found no drugs or weapons on my person.(I was driving) They found syringes on the passenger. They found no drugs on the backseat passenger. Under my seat they found a handgun. Between the passenger seat and passenger door they found syringes and pills. Nothing was found in the backseat. I denied I new anything illegal was in the car. The passenger acknowledged he new their was illegal items in the car. The backseat passenger said he knew their was illegal items in the car but did not know who they belonged to. I was charged with possession of a firearm, maintaining, and possession of a controlled substance. The passenger was charged with possession of paraphernalia, and possession of a controlled substance. The backseat passenger was charged with visiting.

When arriving in the sally port at the jail the officer removed me from the vehicle and asked if I put drugs in his seat. After asking me if I placed drugs in his car he searched his backseat for contraband. When finding no contraband I was then booked in on the above charges.

The following day the officer was transporting another prisoner to the jail. When removing the prisoner from his backseat he noticed two ziplock baggies one containing Xanax, and the other meth. After finding the baggies he remanded the prisoner that was in the car when the drugs was found to jail staff. He then removed me from holding and said he had probable cause to believe the drugs in the floor board of his car was mine. I was then charged with possession of meth, possession of a firearm, possession of a controlled substance, and maintaining. The gun made the possession of meth a level 5 felony. Please give me some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">