• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Theft Deception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

screwed_shc

What is the name of your state? Nebraksa.

I used to work for Sears. My Manager asked me to do some returns (with out a customer) to be sent back to the vendor for credit. At the end of that transaction the value was put on a Sears Gift Card, and through some mixup, I used this gift card (as supposed to the ones that I paid for) in a purchase a few days later.

About a week later I was charged with Theft Deception (under $200.00) and fired. (I was "arrested" and fingerprinted for it on-the-site) and with a restitution in the amount of 150.00 payable to Sears by end of this month. I am supposed to show up at douglas county court first week in September.

Does anyone know what the court costs may be and what the penalties may be if proven guilty. This is my first offense

Curt581

My question is why someone who works for Sears is making purchases with a Sears Gift Card. Why aren't you buying what you need with cash?

Department store Gift Cards are used so often in fraud and identity theft cases, I'm amazed they haven't been banned.

Just a word of warning, I would not use that BS in court if I were you about accidently using it etc. It smells from here!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">