• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charges? after a toxicology test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

notme

Georgia

Police found a bag of pot in my shed when looking for someone involved in a domestic dispute that took place in the street about 1/8 mile down the road. I was not home. The bag belonged to the person they were looking for. I don't know how much there was, are they gone to come charge/arrest me or come back with a search warrant after a toxicology test? I have run off the offender who was on probation for DUI at the time. Her probation was terminated and she has left the state.

Bring on the trailer park jokes 'cause I know it sounds like one, but I really am concerned.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

notme said:
Georgia

Police found a bag of pot in my shed when looking for someone involved in a domestic dispute that took place in the street about 1/8 mile down the road. I was not home. The bag belonged to the person they were looking for. I don't know how much there was, are they gone to come charge/arrest me or come back with a search warrant after a toxicology test? I have run off the offender who was on probation for DUI at the time. Her probation was terminated and she has left the state.

Bring on the trailer park jokes 'cause I know it sounds like one, but I really am concerned.

My response:

Well, at least you were smart enough to identify your situation as a typical "trailer trash" situation. Because it is.

"The bag belonged to the person they were looking for." Yes, we all believe that one, including the prosecutor, the judge and the jury. Perhaps the Department of Corrections officer and warden will believe you too.

IAAL

N

notme

I know; I figured nobody would believe me. That's why I am concerned. I guess I just sit here and wait to see what happens.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

notme said:
"none"

======================================

My response:

Well, at least that negates one of their potential theories of your "ownership" of the bag - - e.g., no fingerprints.

However, you were still in possession, custody or control of the bag; i.e., it was located in your shed. Therefore, the prosecution could maintain that you were "holding" the bag for that person, unless that person admits otherwise, or doesn't admit to anything at all. Then, you might be screwed, glued and tattooed.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">