• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Checking if an arrest warrant is outstanding (Oregon)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

200mph

Is there a 'best' way to find out if I have an arrest warrant from >15 years ago when I spent some time in Oregon (I'm not from the USA)? Some advice sites suggest giving the relevant court a call but given the time difference this is tricky. Is this something a local (Oregon) attorney could help me with potentially?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Just Blue

Is there a 'best' way to find out if I have an arrest warrant from c. 2000 when I spent some time in Oregon (I'm not from the USA)? Some advice sites suggest giving the relevant court a call but given the time difference this is tricky. Is this something a local (Oregon) attorney could help me with potentially?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

200mph
Were you going 200MPH when this came about? Did you get a ticket? Did you leave the country to avoid paying fines?

IOW...

Why do you think you might have a warrent out for your arrest???

200mph

About 2 days before I left to return to Europe I paid for some goods via a check (cheque to me) which I believe bounced (there were sufficient funds in the account when I wrote the check but some charges came off and reduced the balance to below the value of the check (which was ~$450 I think). Subsequently I wrote to the bank and called them to try and find out what happened / how I could rectify the situation but received no response to my letter and couldn't "pass security" over the telephone, so no further forward. I called the store to try and speak to the manager, left a message but didn't have any joy there either.

So in theory I've probably p*ssed off the store and also possibly the bank.

I then stuck my head in the sand somewhat, but it's a part of the world I'd like to visit again so want to understand if I can anticipate any legal issues in doing so.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

The Occultist

^ You're being too judgmental, I think, especially since the OP does not reside in the US. I can have issues making phone calls as my work schedule/demands do not permit me to make calls when the intended recipient is open to receive calls. Some "basic" tasks can become rather difficult for many.

single317dad

After a brief web search, it's clear that some counties in Oregon make their warrant database available to search online. Others would require a phone call (or calls) to the relevant police agency. A local attorney could certainly be of assistance sorting this issue out and tracking down the information you're concerned about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">