• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tatteditaliano

Three years ago i was listed as a possible father of a child i have never seen,
i was cited to appear in court to hear these accusations, but unfortunatley
i had moved prior to the court day to another county 300 miles away.
Since i did not appear i was defaulted judgment against me and order to pay child support, now three years later they cited me for contempt of court.
the mother of the child has agree to testify on behalf to where i may not be the father and that she doesnt want anything from me and also she hasnt been on government assistance since she was pregnant, can the court still find me in contempt after she has testified on my behalf? and also she was cited to appear against me, which she said she would testify for me.
my only concern is that when i appear to hear these charges and the "x" testifies for me that the court may still throw me in jail , will this happen? if anyone knows about this please e-mail me .
thank you
no dna test ever
in colorado

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">