• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizens Arrest??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelee

Someone made a citizens arrest against my husband, they claim he was driving reckless on our street , in which he was not. I was following him that day in my car and he had a passanger in the car that he was in.

My question is the person that made the ciizens arrest did not do it personally she had a police officer come out that evening and he gave my husband the ticket, he did not sign the ticket but the person that made the citizens arrest signiture was on it. The officer did say that a judge had orderd a warrent and that is why he was issueing the ticket. The judge's signeture was not on it either. Is this right? and if not can I get the person who started all of this for faule arrest?

Thank you
Here in Oregon Angelee

Last edited:

V

Vincent Cosent

Wow! I think I figured out this puzzle. The person making the citizens arrest is a judge. If they have lawyers up there in Oregon I would get one. If you only received a ticket thats not considered an arrest so the judge didnt make a citizens arrest but he may have filed a complaint with police and since there all in the same bag together up there you better watch out for the lawyer to.
And in most civilized areas of the country making a false complaint can be grounds for a civil suit. If all this is confusing you more ,then do as I suggested before and see a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">