• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil contempt of court charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lxstevens

What is the name of your state?
Florida

My x- husband has filed contempt charges on me for taking property off the market. He was aware of me taking it off the market as i spoke to him a few days before realtor contract expired. He even sent me a b-day card with 200.00 dollars to help with the repairs. H e is also saying i am over pricing it, but the realtor was the one to set the price.

The processor server was here to serve me but i never have received the summons to go to court.I also looked on judges docket and i found out there was a letter sent and was returned to the courts. I have been out of town taking care of a friend that has parkinson's disease. I am wondering what will happen now , will they keep on trying to serve me or what? Should i contact the judge or clerk of courts, and do you think i will be in contempt.

My x is dying with lung cancer and playing on the sympathy of the courts as he had mentioned that he has been given a year and a half to live.
After the hurricane's here the property looked like a war zone. I have most of it cleaned up now . The realtor kept telling me it was hurting the sale of the property, so i decided to take it off the market to get it cleaned up.

I am so stressed over this, as no one wants it to sell more than me, because it will break all ties with him forever.

lxstevens

Florida Contempt of court

Hello

No i was suppose to list the property with a realtor, which i did the same day i was divorced. X is trying to say in contempt order i am pricing it to high that's the reason it hasn't sold. I am not the one who is pricing it the realtor is setting the price.NO there was no time limit set on selling the property.

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">