• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil lawsuit constructive breaking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowridergo

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I had a so called "friend," come into my house under false pretenses, under the guise of dropping off Mary Kay cosmetics, while his main intention was to count how many kids I had in my care to report me to the state. I am a child home day care provider. I found this on the net:

Entry through fraud (as by posing as a guest), through threat , or through conspiracy with servants is deemed by the law equivalent to breaking and is called “constructive breaking.”

I had ordered Mary Kay and this "friend" sent her husband to deliver it with the sole intention of coming into my house, which, by the way, was uninvited. I opened the door and without saying a word he barged into my kitchen, and then entered my dining room while talking to me for about 10 minutes. I thought this was very strange behavior until I found out from my sister in law this was all planned out to find a way to report me. Yes I had over the amount of kids by 2, and take full responsibility but someone coming into my home, invading my privacy, with the intent to ruin me, while disguising as my friend really disturbs me. Do I have grounds for a civil suit?

ptlmejo

First off, this should be under a civil law forum, not a criminal law forum.

Second, you opened the door, he came in and you made no reference of you telling him to stop. To me, it sounds like his entry was granted by you.

Third, you can sue anyone for anything. Getting a judge or jury to believe you is another matter. What would you base your case one? "I was breaking the law and someone reported me?"

chris86

civil lawsuit constructive breaking (?)

I heard about a guy who was running a meth lab. The neighbors were just sick of it, so they reported him. His lucrative business was shut down, his home seized, to include all of his personal property, and he sits in jail, awaiting trial (all the while, losing his income). How much should the neighbors pay him in damages for causing him all this trouble by turning him in?

chris86

Oh yes...one more thing...don't order cosmetics from people who intend to do you harm. I think that's a statute in your state.

snowridergo

Wow! From the snide, rude remarks I'm getting in this forum it's no wonder they say a lawyers form of birth control is his personality!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">