• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Liens for Court Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

william1971

State of Florida:

My court fees were converted into a Civil Lien and COS Arreagers waived. Do I still have to pay the court fees?

sandyclaus

State of Florida:

My court fees were converted into a Civil Lien and COS Arreagers waived. Do I still have to pay the court fees?
Well, of course you do.

If they were converted into a civil lien, that prevents you from selling whatever the lien was placed against until the lien is paid off. That does not, in any way, waive your obligation to pay the fees.

william1971

Response to Sandy

Sandy: that's just it. The court converted my costs to civil lien but never put a lien on anything I owned!

acmb05

civil lien

Sandy: that's just it. The court converted my costs to civil lien but never put a lien on anything I owned!
What this means is that at any time the court could send someone to your home and collect anything they deem valuable up to the amount of the lien. They do that here in Tennessee. I have seen them pull up and take riding lawn mowers, cars, even boats to collect on a lien. The court don't fool around when it comes to their money. They could also attach your bank account and take the funds from there.

william1971

COS Arreage

Has anyone ever heard of COS Arreager? I have a court disposition that reads "Waive COS Arreager". Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">