• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dutchessbx1

What is the name of your state? ny
while attempting to board the plane in phoenix, arizona, my son who is 17 yrs. old and was traveling alone had a sealed still in box 10.00 crossbow in his carryon luggage. the inspectors pulled him over and took information from him, told him he probably would get a summons. a month later i received summons in mail. it was a civil notice violation 150.00 if paid within 30 days. is this something that will go on a record. if he applies for a job later on down the road would this show up as some offense.
please advise

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dutchessbx1 said:
What is the name of your state? ny
while attempting to board the plane in phoenix, arizona, my son who is 17 yrs. old and was traveling alone had a sealed still in box 10.00 crossbow in his carryon luggage. the inspectors pulled him over and took information from him, told him he probably would get a summons. a month later i received summons in mail. it was a civil notice violation 150.00 if paid within 30 days. is this something that will go on a record. if he applies for a job later on down the road would this show up as some offense.
please advise

My response:

Your son is old enough to know, and understand, the problems in this country, and the world around him - - especially New York!

So, to say your kid is extremely stupid, and also when there are all sorts of "No Weapons" signs at the airport, is probably one of my biggest understatements of the year. Your son's weapon was accessible in his carry-on luggage and, for all anybody knew, he was someone who would try to use it during the flight.

What the hell is wrong with your kid's brain, anyway?

Pay the fine. It won't go on his record.

IAAL

D

dutchessbx1

while i do appreciate your response - i certainly don't need the lecture and my son has received some well-deserved lectures in the past month from plenty of people including both his parents - we were affected greatly by the WTC Disaster - my husband worked down the block - but children do make mistakes and hopefully he has learned from this -

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dutchessbx1 said:
while i do appreciate your response - i certainly don't need the lecture and my son has received some well-deserved lectures in the past month from plenty of people including both his parents - we were affected greatly by the WTC Disaster - my husband worked down the block - but children do make mistakes and hopefully he has learned from this -

My response:

That's the point - - he's not a "child" so stop protecting him and making excuses for him.

What did you expect from anyone to whom you told this story? Every time you tell it, there's going to be someone in society who's going to "unleash" on your stupid son.

Remember, it takes a village, and the village is going to let your "village idiot" have it - - any time they can!

And, besides the "violation" Mom, just what kind of punishment did YOU dish out to him for this extremely serious situation?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I have to back up my right-wing conservative bud on this one.

I just got back from flying my girlfriend to the airport here in Nashville to go to florida for a week and after asking three times if there was anything in her luggage like nail clippers, knives or even cuticle sissors, and getting three times no, she was stopped at security and almost not allowed to board.

If I had left her there (and I'm thinking I should have) I would not have had the chance to take possession of the gardening shears she "FORGOT" were in the side pocket of her carryon.

The look I gave her will last a lifetime.

Your son is getting off easy. He could very easily have been strip searched, not allowed onboard and even been held for questioning by federal authorities.

I hope you refresh his cognative powers by a short trip down to ground-zero.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">