• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

coincidence? or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdeloye@hotmail

What is the name of your state? denver colorado
If someone got arrested and gave up a name to police is that enough to get a no knock warrant on the person who's name he gave?

smutlydog

tdeloye@hotmail said:
What is the name of your state? denver colorado
If someone got arrested and gave up a name to police is that enough to get a no knock warrant on the person who's name he gave?
For a small time dealer generally one persons word isn't enough but like the other person said it really depends.If it's a drug ring and others within the ring have matching stories about you that might be enough.

tdeloye@hotmail

no drug ring. this man and his girlfriend (me) we're arrested i was arrested for fta they searched house found drugs i got bailed out the next day went to my friends house two hours later the swat team kicked in my friends door. It was the same detectives that were at my house the day before

CdwJava

tdeloye@hotmail said:
no drug ring. this man and his girlfriend (me) we're arrested i was arrested for fta they searched house found drugs i got bailed out the next day went to my friends house two hours later the swat team kicked in my friends door. It was the same detectives that were at my house the day before
So ... they had a warrant for your arrest for the FTA? Then the warrant was not issued solely on the word of someone who got popped?

He dropped your name, the cops found that you had a warrant, and they came back to serve the warrant. In the service of said warrant they found drugs.

Imagine that!

What does your attorney say about the matter?

- Carl

tdeloye@hotmail

no you read it wrong they had a warrant for me came to my house arrested my boyfriend and I. I got out of jail went to my friends house and an hour later they came and busted in his door. what im asking is if my boyfriend gave up my friends name would that be enough to come bust through his door the next day (where i was after i got out)

CdwJava

tdeloye@hotmail said:
no you read it wrong they had a warrant for me came to my house arrested my boyfriend and I. I got out of jail went to my friends house and an hour later they came and busted in his door. what im asking is if my boyfriend gave up my friends name would that be enough to come bust through his door the next day (where i was after i got out)
His statement alone would not be sufficient to get a warrant. If the name was dropped and that gave a little more than they already had, then maybe. But, by itself, saying, "This guy I know sells or has dope," isn't going to cut it.

- Carl

stephenk

How do you know they weren't already investigating your friend? Since they already busted you and your boyfriend for drugs they just followed up at your friend's place.

CdwJava

tdeloye@hotmail said:
ok so what if he named dropped and they started watching his place and saw me enter there would that be enough to get a warrant?
By itself? No! If you conducted a controlled buy in there, then there is a good chance that they could.

What exactly are trying to find out? We can play "what if" all day.

- Carl

tdeloye@hotmail

It's just awefully strange that the detectives come to my house one day and the very next day raid my friends house it seems kind of strange we are trying to figure out if they're is a connection or if its just coincedense we cant get the discovery for another two weeks or so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">