• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Burglary,459pc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moj

What is the name of your state? ca.

Thanks to this site and information by individuals, such as Carl, I was able to get many information but due to some inapproperiate replys of some members here, all accumulated info. for the rest of us to see and use is gone. So please , post info. and answeres professionally, if any!!

The case 459 pc is a felony. However the burgalized amount is less than $400 and more than $200. I tried to call the store to get the exact amount, but then police called me and asked not to contact the store. I tried to call the court liason to see what charges are filed for this crime and was told DA will not give any info., till the court date? Is there anyway I can get more info on this case? Should I stop calling or is it myright to find out?! appreciate any help.

CdwJava

They are under no obligation to give the defendant anything until the arraignment. If she had an attorney her attorney could likely get this info before court. However, since you do not have an attorney, she will have to wait until arraignment.

- Carl

moj

There you are, hi

They are under no obligation to give the defendant anything until the arraignment. If she had an attorney her attorney could likely get this info before court. However, since you do not have an attorney, she will have to wait until arraignment.

- Carl
Thanks Carl, Do you have any information on it's effects on Immigration? I know you told me before...Is just I'm completely disabled (progressive MS) and need my wife's assistance and asked my doctor to write me a note that I need such an assistance 24 a day, which he did.Now if I get a criminal attorney will be reasonable to assist me so she doesn't go to jail....I talked to one today and he mentioned not to worry since its her first and less than $400 , most likely is 3 years probation,some community work and about $1200 fine but as far as his Green Card, he advised me that it probably will be affected but not that she be deported but say if she needs to become citizen, renew green card,get a job,etc..you could face hardship....he would have charge me $1500 to take care and told me not to waste anymore money and if the issue came up with her green card then at that time GET A LAWYER AND SPEND MONEY . then I Called another lawyer who also specialized in criminal and Immigration told me that he'd DO It, so I don't pay fine and no damages to her Green Card (He charges $2500 ).but he sounds too good to be true based on what I'm hearing in this past week)...I know there are many sharks out there...Do you have any opinion on that??!! (or anyone??)

CdwJava

Immigration issues are outside my direct knowledge and experience. I'd say the chances are very slim that she would be threatened with deportation, but it IS possible. Hence, the reason you need to speak to an attorney. Unfortunately I just don't know what might be reasonable and what might not be.

- Carl

moj

Thank you

Immigration issues are outside my direct knowledge and experience. I'd say the chances are very slim that she would be threatened with deportation, but it IS possible. Hence, the reason you need to speak to an attorney. Unfortunately I just don't know what might be reasonable and what might not be.

- Carl
I will see. Thanks for your information and time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">