• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

common assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uprails82

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hey just wondered what level common assault is? I have a court date on sept. 19 and wondered if I need a lawyer or not. Never been in trouble before. Just wondered if anyone knows if it will be a fine, jail time or just a slap on the wrist. Thanks for any info!

moburkes

Yes you need an attorney unless you are pleading guilty. What are the circumstances that caused you to be charged?

uprails82

Thanks for the info but I do plan on pleading guilty. A friend and I were a local swimming pool and my buddy got into a verbal argument with another guy and when the guy grabbed his wrists and I threw a half empty beer can at him. Never physically touched him but the beer can hit him. Very bad decision on my part so I will just have to take whatever punishment I get. THe only problem was the police report I saw said It was a bottle and I struck him in the head. It was not a bottle it was a can and I threw it at him I didnt physically walk up and bust him over the head with it. Should I bring witness that were there or should I just plead guilty b/c I did hit him with the beer can. NEver been in trouble before so not sure how all this works. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">