• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

community service and probation help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddieman214

(Directed to Dave)
i appreciate your help and am greatful that you took the time out to help me with some advice.
I wont be able to complete it by the alotted time. half would be done but the other half wouldnt. so my question is this. all i would like to know is would i be sent directly to jail once i report or will i be offered another chance? i was suppose to be done on the 21st and was suppose to also report on that day too. but being that i was also at CS that day, i wasnt able to report. i did however called in multiple time on his line and also on the main office line but turns out it goes straight to voicemail. Even though i was suppose to report, he even told me himself that if i get the hours competed that all i would have to do is turn in my time sheet to the main clerk and leave and wouldnt even have to see him on that day. being that i didnt report, he called back and we set up another time which would be the following 28th. i told him i would have it completed by then but i have failed to be responsible and get buisness done. note that this is the first time i asked for an extension. i was told you would be given the three strike rule to complete it, even have an extension to one said probation so that you can complete your task. Also i heard that they would fine you some more before they do the ultimate task of puting you in jail. so all i ask is if i could a heads up before i go in. i dont want to go in and be sent to jail without any knowledge. i would rather know ahead of time so that i may get everything settled before i go in. (I.E. family and work releated issues)
Thank you everyone

eddieman214

sorry, not trying blame no one on this. just trying to make my story clear and get a clearer picture. i solely blame myself forthis predicumen. just trying to get answers. that is all. appreciate your feed back

dave33

There is no way to say what the judge will do. A big factor when you go to court is whether or not you were violated. What I would do is go see the people you were doing the service for and make a schedule. Make a schedule with the date and times and ask them to sign it with a little note saying this will work for them. When you go to court show the judge you have a concrete plan to complete you're obligation.It is unclear to me from the previous posts whether or not you have been before this judge for this reason already. You have a good chance of success if this is the first time you are asking the judge for a second chance.goodluck.

eddieman214

no, have never seen the judge before, all were with my probation officer, i did miss a report date but we rescheduled and was told you wouldnt be violating if you still report in the same month. the service i do it at wouldnt do what you suggested i assume being that they are open 7 days a week there ours are 6:45 to 3:00 with no over time. I will ask though. They also do the "come on what days you wish to receive hours" type deal so ultimately its my fault.

dave33

Any kind of verification suggesting you have a plan would be to your benefit. Even if you give them a broad idea of the problem you are having and request a schedule. Even something stating that you have made plans for such and such a day at such and such a time. There would be nothing improper about asking for that. Also, you can ask you're p.o. if she violated you and that would give you an idea as to how much you need supporting documentation. Even something as vague as listing their hours and the fact that will accept you to fulfill you're obligation at that location. Something will be better than nothing(if needed). I suggest this route because it seems judges are reluctant to put people in jail for this reason. Especially in your situation because you have fulfilled the other obligations and done some of the service. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">